Monday, May 31, 2004

Bush more likeable?

Just finished reading an article on Christian Science Monitor that Kerry may be ahead in the polls but Bush is more likeable and shouldn't be counted out.

Hmmm, Bush is cool, Kerry is the uncool. Maybe this is why Bush is more likeable, if you buy that premise which I actually do.

You'd think it would be the other way around, Kerry has all the really "cool" friends, Barbra and company, and some others who I can't think of right now but I am sure they define cool, and who does Bush have? Who's that country singer, Larry Gatlin? I think he's a Bush family friend (perfectly fine to have him as a friend but still not exactly cutting edge, I mean Shania isn't hanging out at the White House...well, she's Canadian I think so probably wouldn't help but not my point).

Bush is cool because he doesn't act cool, I mean the man cuts brush for recreation. How cool is that? Very cool I think if you like to see a man doing sweat of my brow kind of stuff (which I do). With all that ketchup money, Kerry wouldn't be caught doing that stuff...plenty of foreign nationals around who need employment.

I think Bush doesn't give a crap what people think of him, he honestly doesn't. What I mean is, he doesn't care if we LIKE him. So people do. Even those who are most contemptuous I think are like that because they are trying really really hard not to like the guy. Think Maureen Dowd, for example, who I am convinced has a massive crush on Bush and acts like she hates him, kind of like the little girl in third grade who has a crush on the boy who sits next to her and doesn't want him to know so she acts real snobby when he tries to talk to her (no this is not a childhood memory).

1 Comments:

At 8/10/2004, Blogger Troy Camplin said...

When asked about his interest in Nascar, Kerry said, "Who amonst us does not like Nascar?" Hmmm. I wonder why people don't like him? I mean, that is technically, grammatically correct. But it certainly isn't rhetorically correct. It shows a very particular kind of stupidity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home