Best War Movie
Having never been to war I can't vouch for the accuracy or realism of these choices although I have spoken to someone who has actually been in combat (and was in the Marine Corps) and have been told that my first choice does come close.
I'm not sure that it matters anyway. Does a movie have to be true-to-life to be entertaining? No, but if the goal is to be educated in some way, that is, if the goal of the moviegoer is to be educated or to learn something that is true, then yes it does matter. I think this is true especially if the movie is based on some real life person or event. This is why I have such a problem with "JFK" by Oliver Stone because I don't think it is accurate.
My three favorite war movies are:
1. Full Metal Jacket
2. Patton
3. Dead Presidents
I know some people might not consider "Dead Presidents" a war movie but it is the story of a Marine who went off to war, what happened to him there and what happened when he came home.
When I say favorite, I mean these are three movies with war as the predominant theme that had the greatest impact on me.
1 Comments:
Full Metal Jacket is indeed awesome. Do cold war movies count? If so, I'd say Dr. Strangelove is my favorite. Otherwise, I agree with you
Post a Comment
<< Home