Scary Movies
I'm blog surfing again or as ihs4n (http://ihs4n.blogspot.com/) calls it, blurfing, and I came across this list of the 100 scariest movie moments at http://jeffreyclement.blogspot.com/. I haven't seen all these movies but I think my list of top five scariest movies would be as follows:
1. Exorcist III...much scarier than the original.
2. The Gift. (with Cate Blanchett)
3. Event Horizon...I'm never going into space.
4. Play Misty for Me...scary long before Fatal Attraction.
5. Vampires. (with James Woods)
I can also think of some movies that were supposed to be scary and weren't like Exorcist II, anything after the first Omen, Cold Creek Manor, fear dot com, From Hell, Gothika, Panic Room, to name a few.
7 Comments:
Blurfing! I love it.
Top five scariest horror movies (this is sounding like a Hi Fidelity moment)? I'm going to have to think about that one for a bit. I could list some now, but like all lists, I'm sure I'll want to revise it as soon as it's posted.
1) Alien ... claustrophobia, anyone?
2) Blair Witch Project ... this movie tends to polarise people - you either love it or hate it. It creeped the heck out of me. The sequel, on the other hand, was tragic.
As for the rest, I'll have to give some more thought. More later.
Alien definitely a scary, scary movie, all of them. Blair Witch I didn't see. Oh, I just thought of another one that creeped me about,a smally indy film called "Pi".
Hmm... Horror movies. There aren't really all that many I've seen.
Silence of the Lambs was chilling to the core, The Evil Dead trilogy are some of the greatest B-movies ever...
There was this Japanese thriller called Uzumaki that got to me, but it wasn't exactly scary.
I rather liked Idle Hands, though that was more of a comedy...
Then there's the Childs Play series, which almost perfectly walked the Horror/Comedy line until the fourth movie.
Other than that... I was in a student horror film this year... but I couldn't tell you how that was because the director still hasn't given me my copy yet, and it's almost certainly done, because it was for a class he took last semester.
Pi! I'm glad you mentioned that, Saije... that's an awesome film. It has this great paranoid feel about it, and that whole grainy black and white thing worked in it's favour too. I love those movies where you don't quite know what's real and what isn't. Like 'Jacob's Ladder' for example - that's another fine, slightly disturbing, movie.
I just remembered another couple of horror flicks that rated high on the creep-o-meter:
* The Ring (the US remake worked better for me than the original)
* Dark Water (a Japanese movie, directed by the guy who directed the original Japanese version of 'Ring')
E.W: You know, I've never seen any of the Child's Play flicks. One of these days I'm gonna have to do a DVD marathon.
I saw Pi in this movie theatre when I lived in Vegas, it was for some reason really dark in the theatre and everyone was really quiet and it was just spooky.
I haven't seen Uzumaki, have to check it out. The Ring was very scary and now there's a sequel coming out I think. I also think The Others with Nicole Kidman was scary and very well done.
The Others! Oh yeah, that was creepy.
And the list continues to grow...
Post a Comment
<< Home