Saturday, July 09, 2005

London Boulevard


Ken Bruen Posted by Picasa

I received a new shipment of books this week and had actually started a different novel when I happened to pick this one up and flipped it open to the first page:

"I learnt this in prison. Compulsive is when you do something repetitively. Obsessive is when you think something repetitively.
Course I learnt some other stuff too. Not as clear cut.
Not as defined."

Hmmm....so I abandoned (temporarily) my first choice and proceeded to finish this one. I've read other Ken Bruen ("The Guards", "The Killing of the Tinkers", "The Magdalen Martyrs") and so I can't say he's a new find but always an enjoyable one and "LB" kept his string alive for me.

I don't like to compare one author to another, at least the ones I like, but if you appreciate Elmore Leonard, Ian Rankin or Lee Child, then Ken Bruen would probably be to your taste. I should also mention Denise Mina or Minette Walters but perhaps that's more because reading a Ken Bruen evokes a similar response in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home