Wednesday, July 20, 2005

One Small Step


Apollo 11 Posted by Picasa

Today is the 36th anniversary of Apollo 11 moon landing. I still remember watching it happen on a small black and white TV at my grandmother's house. It was the usual summer gathering of relatives from all around the country and we were all especially interested in the event because one of my uncles was involved with the Apollo space program.

I have a confession to make, though; for years, I thought how smart Neil Armstrong must be and how wise because of what he thought to say when he first set foot on the moon:

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

It wasn't until fairly recently that it occurred to me: somebody wrote that for him AHEAD of time!

2 Comments:

At 7/20/2005, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

It's been going on a month now...not good, it's getting worse. I'm trying to compensate by distracting myself with blogging, etc. I see the doctor again next week.

 
At 7/22/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, Saije!

And speaking of the moon, try this:

http://moon.google.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home