Scott Speicher
From First Coast News:
"A Navy pilot shot down over Iraq in January 1991 may have been captured by Iraqi forces, and members of the former Iraqi government "know the whereabouts" of the officer, the Navy has concluded. A Navy board of inquiry concluded that there is no credible evidence that Capt. Michael "Scott" Speicher is dead, and it reaffirmed his official status as "missing/captured," according to the board's final report."
I mentioned Captain Speicher a couple of posts ago and then noticed this news item today. I don't know him and don't have any reason to believe that he is still alive but I really do hope we find out what happened to him. Maybe it's just a romantic, silly notion but I like the idea that we don't leave anyone behind. Because if I were out there, if something happened to me in the middle of a war, I'd like to think my country would never stop looking for me. It seems like the least we owe the men and women of our military. That they will never be left behind.
1 Comments:
If Capt. Speicher is dead, he died alone. But he did die with the knowledge that his country would not forget him, and we should not let him down. He earned far more, but it's the very least we can do.
Post a Comment
<< Home