Africa

The African Continent

While I'm not in the habit of writing book reviews (see below), I thought this was an amazing book. I actually learned something that changed my point of view. In reading about his experiences in Somalia during the time our soldiers were there, I found out that the conditions made the delivery of international humanitarian aid pointless and actually counterproductive. So how come this Reuters correspondent could figure that out but our government couldn't, at least not until our soldiers were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu?
There's a lot more to his memoir than just Somalia. He also spent time in the Balkans and Rwanda. Well written, with facts and observations and not much political propaganda.
Note: I've changed this heading to avoid offending anyone although I think my earlier heading was intended to imply mystery, foreboding and death as opposed to anything racial.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home