Tuesday, March 01, 2005

World Bank President?

Carly Fiorina, the celebrity chief executive recently ousted from the top spot at Hewlett-Packard, has emerged as a strong candidate to become the next president of the World Bank, a Bush administration official said Tuesday.

Hmmm, I honestly don't know much about the World Bank (except that it must be somewhat worthwhile because it seems to attract all those anti-globalization types who like to riot and smash things whenever it meets). But it seems to me that being fired from one's job in a rather unceremonious way isn't exactly the best qualification.

2 Comments:

At 3/02/2005, Blogger Mike's America said...

Fiorina is an attractive, energetic figure... Though I'm not sure how those qualities would benefit the World Bank. Frankly, I don't even know who the current head is and as you said, can't think of anything interesting they have done other than annoy the anti global crowd (I ran into one of their protests in DC once... they knew every four letter word but WORK and SOAP)

 
At 3/07/2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I heard that Bono was on the short list...

I support what the World Bank is working for. But I don't see how they expect anyone to take them seriously

 

Post a Comment

<< Home