9/11
Some bloggers are unhappy about the following:
"[T]he big news is surely the announcement that Oliver Stone and Nicolas Cage will team up to make a 9/11 movie, which is already in pre-production. The as-yet untitled movie will see Cage play one of two police officers, Will Jimeno or John McLoughlin, who were themselves trapped in the rubble of the towers after they collapsed. Stone’s film will document the rescue operation mounted to free the officers, and will focus on the plight of Jimeno and McLoughlin as they wait to be freed, before their oxygen runs out."
There is a concern among the those objecting to this project because Oliver Stone is known for manipulating historical events beyond the limit allowed by dramatic license ("JFK","Nixon").
If there should be an objection to his involvement, I think it would be because he is a bad filmmaker, "Natural Born Killers" and "Any Given Sunday" being among some of the worst movies I've ever seen. Both were banal and tedious and barely watchable only because of decent acting performances.
I don't especially care what Oliver Stone does in any movie he makes about 9/11. There is nothing anyone can say or do, no recollection, revision or re-creation in any medium, that will change what I saw and how I felt about that day.
1 Comments:
me can only think one reason why oliver stone is doing it because he is good at manipulating the history.
Post a Comment
<< Home