Saturday, July 16, 2005

More Random Thoughts

1. I watched Ronin again the other night just because it happened to be on TV and I like that movie. I think Robert De Niro is the world's greatest actor. He makes any movie he's in eminently watchable even if I'm not especially interested in the story line. I also think Jean Reno is a good actor. He makes me like the French a little more than I might otherwise. It also reminded me that I am a big fan of Katarina Witt. She makes me like the Germans a little more, too. (Note: I don't especially dislike the French and Germans anyway so this isn't really that big of a stretch.)

2. I like making lists up in my head. For example, when I'm bored or trying to go to sleep, I'll think of my top ten favorite TV series of all time. Usually I get to 5 or 6 then I fall asleep. The current list (in no particular order) is: (1) The Rockford Files (2) Homicide (3) Frasier (4) NYPD Blue (5) The Shield (6) Newhart (the second Bob Newhart series) (7) The Larry Sanders Show.

3. I miss certain entertainers a lot, like Gilda Radner. She was so funny and so real and I was sad when she died. And Sam Kinison, what a funny guy. John Candy and Phil Hartman are two more.

4. I've never thought certain comedians were that funny. Rita Rudner, Elayne Boosler, Sandra Bernhard come to mind.

5. Maybe it's not fair but there are certain actors I don't like as much because I know too much about their political beliefs. I am not as big a fan of Susan Sarandon, for example, as I might be otherwise even though she is an incredible actress. And Sean Penn? Well, I'm still out on that one because he is, IMO, the world's second greatest actor and even though I think he is a dolt when it comes to some of his political views, that hasn't yet completely trumped my complete and utter admiration for his acting ability. His performance in "Dead Man Walking" (for which he was cheated out of the Oscar) has got to be among the top 3 or 4 best I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home