Tuesday, July 19, 2005

United Airlines Flight 93

I'm hoping this will be handled with decency and respect:

"The Discovery Channel will air a re-creation of the terrorist hijacking of Flight 93 on the fourth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks."

Flight 93, the courage and audacity of its passengers and crew, should not be unfairly exploited or manipulated in any way by anyone. Those people showed us the way and we can never forget it.

1 Comments:

At 7/19/2005, Blogger Dale Weeks said...

I recently saw a piece, I believe on the History Channel, about the first plane to hit the Trade Center. It was pretty well done and included recreations with tapes of transmissions from the planes as a backdrop and interviews of spouses of crew members. It had a dry, documentary feel to it and that lent a rather respectful quality. I would hope that this upcoming piece would be similarly respectful.

You know, I would like someone to do an extended documentary on 9/11. The Oliver Stone project sort of gives me the creeps because, well, it's an Oliver Stone project. I was thinking someone like Ken Burns could do a pretty good job. He's probably the most respected documentarian around and his pieces on Baseball and the Civil War are standards of the art.

What say you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home