We're Not Even Dozing
From The London Times:
"The Prime Minister [Tony Blair] rejected suggestions that he had tried to claim that the bombings in London had “nothing to do with Iraq”. But he argued that the terrorists would use Iraq and Afghanistan as excuses for their actions.
He said: “Whatever excuse or justification these people use, I do not believe we should give one inch to them, not in this country, and the way we live our lives here, not in Iraq, not in Afghanistan, not in our support for two states, Israel and Palestine, not in our support for the alliances we choose including with America, not one inch should we give to these people.”
He continued: “September 11 for me was a wake-up call. Do you know what I think the problem is? That a lot of the world woke up for a short time and then turned over and went back to sleep again.”
I don't know about the rest of the world but I don't think the United States went back to sleep. But then we took 9/11 a little more personally than everyone else.
1 Comments:
I don't think he was talking abou the United States, or even about "a lot of the world" as partitioned by nation states, but just as in some high percentage of the population. Across the world plenty of people probably have been dozing. .there are ostriches in every zoo.
Post a Comment
<< Home