Thursday, September 08, 2005

I Was Just Passing By

From Lifespan.org:

"Most teenage boys who don’t plan to cause pregnancy still believe it is likely they will get someone pregnant within six months. The likelihood is linked to beliefs about pregnancy and condoms, as well as socioeconomic status...Despite playing an influential role in whether girls become pregnant and keep their babies, males are often overlooked in efforts to understand the motives behind teen pregnancy. This study found that attempts to prevent teenage pregnancy should involve posing questions to male adolescents to determine beliefs and attitudes that may unintentionally lead to pregnancy."

That's an interesting way to put it. An influential role? Beliefs and attitudes that may unintentionally lead to pregnancy? I think we can all agree that teenage boys aren't the brightest lights in the chandelier, the sharpest knives in the drawer or the fastest cheetahs in the jungle when it comes to understanding their own behavior, but I think even they know where babies come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home