Monday, September 05, 2005

Separating the Men

Mudville Gazette draws a distinction between those carrying little guns and the guys with the big ones.

Edit: it might be more accurate if I said M/G has the big guns coming to the rescue of the guys with the little ones. As always, say a prayer for the men and women of the U.S. Military AND for the good men and women of the N.O.P.D. who didn't desert and stood their ground.

2 Comments:

At 9/05/2005, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

I don't remember reading anything about the cops and firefighters on 9/11 deserting en masse and they suffered severe losses directly. No place to relieve yourself? No fresh water to drink? Come on. If that's a reason to desert your post we'd have lost WWII.

 
At 9/05/2005, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

Well, I didn't mean to sound harsh or uncaring. Clearly the police have to be given the means to do their jobs and proper facilities. But I think that we are only talking about a few days here. It's not as if they were laboring under these conditions for weeks or something. The N.O.P.D. hasn't really been known as the model of integrity and efficiency so maybe this crisis just uncovered a lot of its problems in a really stark way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home