Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ann Hampton Calloway


Easy Living, blogging music for Tuesday night Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 3/08/2005, Blogger Steve said...

I'm going to have to check out some of these artists you are mentioning. I do the occasional graveyard shift (2am - 6am) on a Melbourne community radio station (3RRR), and I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting music. Can you tell me anything about the kind of music you listen to, genre wise?

 
At 3/08/2005, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

I always try to link to something about the artist, hopefully with samples to listen to so people can check them out. I like all kinds of music. I listen to a lot of classical crossover (Sarah Brightman), jazz (Diana Krall), classic rock (Van Morrison). I like trying different artists that don't get play on the radio so spend a lot of time in the World/International section. What is the format for this station? anything you want?

 
At 3/09/2005, Blogger Steve said...

The station has a broad range of genres, however it pays more attention to artists that aren't represented so well by other radio stations. There is a strong 'alternative' feel to the overall formatting.

For my shows I generally play very mellow music - I tend to stick with a lot of acoustic sounding stuff, so there's a lot of folk and oldtimey stuff in there, as well as new pop/rock/electronic. But the overall feel of my show is that it's mellow, not too heavy. Because of it's 'alternative' feel, a lot of heavier/more experimental music tends to get played in some other shows. I like to think that I'm playing mellow music that can still fit within the otherall feel of the station... if I ever get a regular show of my own, that's my niche - cruisey but not 'easy listening'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home