Sunday, March 13, 2005

Scary Books

I've been thinking and writing about scary movies I've seen and that got me thinking about the scariest books I've read. I think movies are almost always scarier than books because of the visual impact. But I've come up with the following books that scared me a lot while I was reading them:

1. Pet Sematary, by Stephen King.

2. The Silence of the Lambs, by Thomas Harris.

3. Straw Men, by Michael Marshall (who also goes by Michael Marshall Smith)

4. Spares, also by Michael Marshall

5. Dark Hollow, by John Connolly

And I'm glad I wrote this because I just found out Michael Marshall has a new book out and another one coming.

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2005, Blogger Firestarter5 said...

Straw Men was, indeed, awesome.

 
At 3/13/2005, Blogger Steve said...

Stephen King's IT creeped the heck out of me. And I agree with darkeststorm, The Stand only had the occasional creepy moment but, yeah, it's my favourite Stephen King book.

Can we include graphic novels here?

 
At 3/13/2005, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

of course, no censorship...as long as it won't get me arrested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home