We Can't Handle The Truth
From AFP:
"The script for the Hollywood film American Dreamz is not being altered after the London blasts though it involves Pakistani suicide bombers out to kill the US president, the film's mastermind said on Tuesday.
The black comedy's writer, director and producer Paul Weitz denied the script was being rethought after the July 7 attacks that left 56 dead, perpetrated by four British suicide bombers including three of Pakistani origin."
I think I'm missing something here. Why would the script be changed? Because art shouldn't imitate life? Pakistanis should be offended by the suicide bombers and what they did in real life, not how they are depicted in a movie.
Or maybe the idea is that the rest of us will be traumatized by the images...the memories...because we're all so fragile...we could get through the events in real life but sitting through a movie for two hours will do us all in.
1 Comments:
I agree, life is life, and a movie is make believe. Keep blogging man. http://anthonylemons.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home