Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Worst Writing Awards

From CNN:

"A man who compared a woman's anatomy to a carburetor won an annual contest that celebrates the worst writing in the English language."

I bet I could win this. Here's what my entry might be (I just dashed this off):

The wind blown leaves tumbled down the sidewalk like soggy socks in a dryer as the egg yolk colored cat scratched its ear and stared sphinx-like at the bird pecking at the mud puddle pooled in a crater by the side of the road ignoring the automobiles careening madly by.

3 Comments:

At 8/04/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i actually think yours is the best 'worst' writing in the english language i've ever read ;) well done!

cheers.

 
At 8/04/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sentence made me shudder for various reasons.

 
At 8/06/2005, Blogger SappyChick said...

oh yeah, that's good... or actually, bad! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home