Thursday, September 15, 2005

Passing The Baton

From The Australian:

"Is the US in decline? Critics point to the war in Iraq, rising oil prices and, most of all, the chaos that resulted from the inept aid response to Hurricane Katrina. The recent news has not been good, but it is premature to count out the US. At its core, the US is a strong and optimistic country with a remarkable ability to bounce back from adversity."

I got a kick out of this article. The headline is: "Do Not Write Off America".

I was thinking, well...not so fast...maybe everyone should write us off. Because maybe we need a break. Maybe it's time for someone else to step up.

Let's see...who would I nominate? Who has something better to offer? Who can lead the way to that fabled promised land, where there is no poverty, disease or hunger, where men and women live in peace and harmony and we finally see an end to strife and conflict?

I pick...Norway. I think they need to do more.

Yes, I know it's a great country and has almost always been a good and faithful ally.

But enough with the winter sports.

Norway needs to take its place on the world stage and let us retire to our justly earned reward.

To All Norwegians I say: your moment has arrived. The world awaits you.
P.S. Grow a really thick skin because you're going to need it.

4 Comments:

At 9/15/2005, Blogger SaffronSaris said...

Case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Being the super policeman is a tough job.

 
At 9/16/2005, Blogger Jerry Novick said...

I nominate France. Let's see how the high and mighty do for a while.

 
At 9/16/2005, Blogger Sparkling said...

If nothing else, the Norwegians can do something about the worlds energy resources, being an oil nation and all.

 
At 9/16/2005, Blogger C. Hedges said...

France wouldn't be able to handle it. Remember when all of the elderly died not too long ago there. Everyone was on vacation and left the old folks home to dehydrate.

Let's put an island in charge for once.

I nominate Jamacia!

Chris
Deliberate Chaos
BA~~32

 

Post a Comment

<< Home