Honor Student Goes Missing in Aruba
Almost every article I've read seems to make mention of the fact that this person is an honors student, graduated at the top of her class and has a scholarship to Alabama where she plans to study medicine. I do hope she is found alive and well and that her family's nightmare will soon be over.
That being said, perhaps the media should stop trumpeting how bright she is. Getting into a car with 3 strangers after a night of partying at a bar isn't especially smart. Perhaps this will all be explained somehow, that she was drunk (also not smart) or drugged (which would not be her fault I suppose). And what is the point anyway? That we should feel more sorry for her because she has done well in school? What if she had been a mediocre student and wasn't planning on going to college?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home