It Looks So Beautiful
A SPECTACULAR Roman mosaic discovered in Libya has been hailed as one of the finest examples of the artform to have survived.
I want to see this! I can't believe they kept it a secret for 5 years. Or that it survived for 2000.
"But, above all else, the First Amendment means that government has no power to restrict expression because of its message, its ideas, its subject matter, or its content. To permit the continued building of our politics and culture, and to assure self-fulfillment for each individual, our people are guaranteed the right to express any thought, free from government censorship."
A SPECTACULAR Roman mosaic discovered in Libya has been hailed as one of the finest examples of the artform to have survived.
4 Comments:
Perhaps a little easier to reach is the Roman Villa in Sicily. It's near a place called Enna and has room after room of equisitely mosaic-ed floors (for some reasons the boys always seem to be fascinated by the room with the topless volleyball players). They've got a room with a depiction of a really grand safari complete with African kings and elephants, among other things. It's something to look into if you're into that sort of thing.
Sounds incredible and that you've actually seen it. I'm envious.
Hey, if you're ever interested in going, having lived in the area, I know some good tour/hotel/retaurant/language school people. Sicily has a bad rep, but it's actually quite lovely.
I've seen the Godfather mucho times. I'm sure I'll know what to do.
Post a Comment
<< Home