Bulgaria?
SOME expats come to Bulgaria for love. Some come for money. Some, like Syrian native Yousef Hamoto, come because they want to escape. They want to start a life that’s better than the one they’ve left behind. “I was dying in Syria,” he said. “I couldn’t stand it anymore. Bulgaria was my destination number one.”
Hmmm...I don't know that I would have guessed that to be the case for someone looking to leave Syria but having never visited Bulgaria I concede there are things about that country I don't know.
I also think it's interesting that a Bulgarian newspaper has "Expat of the Week" as a regular feature. Wonder how such a column would be received here?
2 Comments:
I'd move there just to get in the paper. But I'm an expat geek like that...
I thought it was interesting that he doesn't think he'd marry a Bulgarian girl. Love for his new country only goes so far.
Post a Comment
<< Home