Hurricane Dennis
If you don't live in Florida, Alabama or Mississippi you probably are not paying attention to the coverage. Actually, you might not be even if you are living in one of these states because let's face it..."been there, done that" already, right? Deja vu can't describe my feeling. It's as if I'm stuck in a time warp. This is where I was 10 or 11 months ago. There is nothing that is being said or shown on TV that seems new or different. It's all the same. It is dully comical.
Reporters keep saying things like, "I've never experienced anything like this before" which might be true except it's being said by reporters who covered Ivan or Charley or Jeanne or Frances just a few months ago. Are they just forgetful or do they think we won't remember? Dennis has now been downgraded to a Tropical Storm but CNN has just promised a full hour of Hurricane coverage on Larry King Live, this after hours of live coverage already.
God please spare us any more hurricanes, not only because of the potential for death and destruction but also because I can't take another bedraggled, hatless TV reporter blowing about in the wind shrieking into the camera, "It's never been this bad before." Yes it has, it was and it will be again.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home