Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Kiddie Porn

From MSNBC:

"It's no secret that the Internet is flooded with pornography, but what many parents don't know is just how many kids are watching.

A report titled "The Porn Standard: Children and Pornography on the Internet" from Third Way, a new Democratic think tank in Washington, says the largest group of consumers of Internet porn is children ages 12 to 17, with the average age of first exposure being 11."

I am not a consumer of this particular product (no, really I'm not) but I thought most of these sites required a credit card (that's what I've heard, I have no personal knowledge).

I find it interesting that the Democrats want to impose a tax burden on purchases made from these sites. So what's really the motivation? more tax dollars or protecting the kiddies?

Now that I think of it, what purchases?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home