Monday, August 08, 2005

Not Much of a Holiday

From The London Times:

"Two sisters lay trapped for four days in a foldaway bed at their Spanish holiday apartment before they eventually suffocated, it emerged yesterday. A post-mortem examination revealed that Alice Wardle, 67, and Milly Bowman, 62, had tried to struggle from under the bed’s heavy wooden casing after it fell on top of them."

Dying in bed is supposed to be the best way to go but then again maybe not.

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very sad that someone could be trapped somewhere for four days and nobody notices that they haven't come out of the apartment or sends anyone to clean or something who might've heard them.

I'm sure at some point a relative of the two sisters will be suing the bed manufacturer or the company they rented the apartment from for an inordinate amount. That seems to be the thing people do when folks die these days. I recently read about a case of three boys dying locked in the trunk of a car and now the parents are suing Toyota because there was no way for the boys to get out of the car...

 
At 8/09/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Sue. To declare oneself truly American. To devoid oneself of all responsibility for one's own actions. To make clear someone else is always to blame for the events of in your life. Nothing is left to chance. Nothing is random. Nothing is unfortunate. Everything, including dying stupid, has a price tag. "Cha-Ching" The new American motto.

 
At 8/09/2005, Blogger Storm said...

I can't even imagine. Well, I can, but I'm trying not to.

 
At 8/10/2005, Blogger Unknown said...

gah! you got spammed Saije!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home