This Man's Army
Women soldiers in the U.S. Army would be barred from serving in combat support units under language added to a defense bill Wednesday.
The boys never want to let us do any of the really fun stuff.
"But, above all else, the First Amendment means that government has no power to restrict expression because of its message, its ideas, its subject matter, or its content. To permit the continued building of our politics and culture, and to assure self-fulfillment for each individual, our people are guaranteed the right to express any thought, free from government censorship."
Women soldiers in the U.S. Army would be barred from serving in combat support units under language added to a defense bill Wednesday.
4 Comments:
it should be a matter of who can best handle the fire. The idea of turning away anyone away from any facet of the army who wants to join is kind of weird to me, with the exception of people who would be a burden or a danger to their unit.
women are fragile and must be protected from the harsh realities of war
something I understand. But I could have sworn I heard something about women who wanted to have an equal combat role but were denied, and thats what I'm not sure about
I was being a little sarcastic...although after watching the Jessica Lynch fiasco 2 years ago, I have to say that the idea women can fight as well as men is a little absurd.
Post a Comment
<< Home