Books For Soldiers
For all those who desperately need to know why I haven't been blogging, I've been busy with BFS...packaging up books, dvds, cds and games and mailing them out to all those great men and women of the United States Armed Forces wherever they may be deployed in harm's way. We are now into round 3 in OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) and sadly many of the requesters are names I recognize from OIF1 and OIF2, back out there in the dust and the heat (or the cold and the wet for some of the guys in Afghanistan) And as always, their thanks and appreciation for the little we do to show OUR gratitude is overwhelming and it makes me just want to do more.
It seems entirely possible that there will be an OIF4 and an OIF5 and on and on and the same names will pop up over and over...Jason requests anything, Richard wants dvds, Ted likes science fiction...and it makes me wonder, how do they do it? How do they keep going back?
Anyway, I've missed my blog.
3 Comments:
We've missed you, too Great to have you back
Here here. We were all wondering where you'd gone.
I wondered what happened to you! But glad to hear that you are supporting the troops! If you check out my blog, you'll see that I organized a "drive" to send stuff to some people that I know and their co-workers that I don't know because they are not being well fed at their location. Glad you're back!
Post a Comment
<< Home