Thursday, September 29, 2005

Gracias!

The Capital of the Dominican Republic is Santo Domingo.

I've never been there but I'm reliably informed that it is "an enchanting city of modern sophistication, old world charisma, and Latin charm" and that this "ancient Caribbean seaport is a city of firsts, the first capital of the new territories discovered by Christopher Columbus, the first to have Spanish coinage, a university, a cathedral, a fort, a monastery, a hospital and a palace."

It is also the birthplace of David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez. For this alone, such a city deserves our admiration and gratitude.

To the wonderful people of Santo Domingo, I say Thank You!

GO RED SOX!!! WIN...WIN...WIN

1 Comments:

At 9/30/2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Well it looks like the MVP contest is going to come down to which batsman lifts his team into the division. My money's on Papi. Lets see three straight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home