Welcome to our nightmare
I've been reading about the Paris intifada and trying to avoid indulging my sense of schadenfreude.
It is hard not to be amused, however, by the French government's lame response. This thing has been going on for over a week and all the French officials can think to do is hold meetings and mouth meaningless platitudes. I read where some French policeman was quoted as saying that the police have neither the training nor the resources to battle this insurgency. I wonder if they lack the will as well. And why do they not not just declare a curfew, lock the place down and call out the military to enforce it? If France can send troops to the Ivory Coast, it can certainly deploy them to Clichy-sous-Bois.
I also find it amusing that much of the commentary is on how this mayhem is driven by economic deprivation and a lack of assimilation into mainstream society. I really hope that's true. If it's about jobs and joining the local country club, well, that can be fixed.
But it just might be about something else and if so...
accueillir mes amis français à notre cauchemar.
2 Comments:
now.. your nov 6th post's, curfew idea was implemented and the france drama ended like you thought ...
what's your next prediction.?? :)
merry christmas and happy festivus saije!
Post a Comment
<< Home